Sunday, October 25, 2009

Carlsbad Caverns

Even though our trip to Las Cruces was a business trip, Martel managed to take a few days off work so we could explore the state. I had never been to Carlsbad Caverns National Park. (one of my personal goals is to visit every National Park in the system) The Park Ranger told us to be quiet in the caverns because of the echo. Leo made sure to remind us to be quiet.

We went in via the Natural Entrance which wound down 750 feet in a little over a mile. Leo was amazing and walked the whole time, and then half the Big Room. One of the things that I HAD to do while we were there was eat lunch at the snack bar, 750 feet below the surface of the Earth. I mean, really! How many times can the average person do that? And my lovely husband played along with my request and bought a $7 pre-packaged salad and a $5 container of fruit, so I could eat down there.