Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
As usual, here are the links to the other's that are playing.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
This is Cherish, Creative Rhythm, page 37. The photo suggestions are: one 4x4, one 4x5, two 6x4, three 3.5x3.5, one 4x6, and one 2x2.
This one is Cherish Designer's Eye, page 71. The photo suggestions are: two 3.5x5 and three 6x4
This is a new layout, not featured in any book. The photo suggestions are: one 6x4 and two 3.5x5.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Here's the whole thing.
Here's the left side. Picture 3 says "lift me" because there's another picture underneath.
Here's the right side. There's no picture from Saturday because I don't have it yet.
As usual, I'll post links to other participants when they're completed
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Anyway, on to the layout. This is another Inspired Blueprint sketch (#6). I've had all the stuff I wanted to use for this layout in a bag for a month or so but hadn't gotten around to doing it yet. What I try and do is when I get my pictures printed, I make up little "kits" with the papers and embellishment, and inspiration if I have any. That way, I can just grab a bag and go when I'm in the mood. I don't have to waste my time trying to figure out what I need. I digress, back to the layout. Back in November 2008, we were hanging out in the living room and Bailey was content to lay on the floor next to the couch. For some crazy reason, Leo decided that she needed a pillow and blankets. And Bailey loves pillows and blankets so she was happy as a clam to lay there and let Leo get her all snugly warm and cozy. Unfortunately, I was having so much fun watching him "fuss" over her, I completely forgot to take pictures of that. Luckily, she was perfectly happy to lay there for most of the evening so I could at least get some pictures of her.
Supplies used: CTMH Perfect Day Level 2, Dimensional Alphabets, Prisma flowers and some sparkly thingies that I don't remember where I got them from.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
All supplies CTMH (except sticker alphabet): Blue Ribbon Level 2, Cranberry Gossgrain ribbon, dimensional elements book plates, craft buttons, white daisy brads, Friendship small alphabet stamp for date.
Edited to note that I can see into the future! Oops, I guess I'm used to writing 2009 now.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Since I did this layout yesterday, I actually know the products I used. Everything is CTMH except the base page (My Mind's Eye) and the Chipboard alphabet (Scenic Route). I also used a sketch from my new Page Maps book.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Here's my layout for week 2.
2. Today was Leo’s official first day of preschool. We had a few issues, he wanted to take his camera, but I was the mean mommy and said No. After a whole lot of crying, I at least let it in the truck so it went with us. 1/5/09
3. My great-grandmother, Eva (who I’m named after) had this Lord’s Prayer hanging in her kitchen during my childhood. Martel in an atypical show of good will actually put a nail in the cabinet and hung it next to the kitchen window for me. Sometimes he can be so sweet and thoughtful! 1/6/09
4. I’ve been trying to adapt to Martel’s schedule. That means getting up around 4:00 am and starting my day. Most of the time, it’s OK. I do really enjoy the quiet mornings to myself and he loves that I make him coffee and kiss him goodbye in the morning. But, I definitely couldn’t do it without Joe! 1/7/09
5. Leo had his first homework assignment from preschool. Daddy said that he’d help him with his homework after dinner. I don’t know who was more excited about it, Leo or Martel. Martel has been waiting for this moment for years. Aaron had to get in on the action too. 1/8/09
6. I “slept in” this morning until 4:45 am. When I went to let Bailey out, this is what I saw. The moon was almost full and the fog was over the golf course. Amazing! Yeah, this is why I get up so early. 1/9/09
7. Leo got a new car seat today. You want to know why? Because Martel took his car seat today. It’s Saturday and Martel had to go to Orange County and so the boys and I had to get the produce basket. All would be fine except that we had been using the truck lately so the car seats were in the truck. I reminded him to get the car seat out for me, but I guess he forgot. I had to go to the bank, and get our basket, so we made a quick stop at K-Mart first to get a car seat. It’s not like we’re not going to need it in a few months. Aaron’s getting close to the max weight limit for the one he’s using right now. 1/10/09
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Sketch: Page Maps
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Here's a close up of the faux dry embossing. You stamp the image with White Daisy and then your other color, slightly offset. I think my offset was a little more than slightly, but it's still a nice effect.
Monday, January 5, 2009
2. Leo got a kid’s camera for Christmas and he went around taking pictures of everyone and everything (and nothing). It was so cute to see him take after mommy and take so many pictures. Jan 2, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
OK, it's not letting me add more pictures, so check back tomorrow!