Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Syndee's Get Well Wishes

Last week my poor niece fell down a ravine and broke her leg in 5 places (3 complete breaks and 2 fractures). She had to have surgery and pins in her ankle, you can see the bulge in the cast around her ankle, where the pins are. She's OK, but is on bed rest for a few weeks and then in a wheel chair. It's going to be quite some time before she's able to even be on crutches. As you can see, her cast covers her entire leg. My brother said that their community and everyone at her school has sent her get well cards and I thought she might like something to keep them in.


Doesn't she look pitiful? Oh and tomorrow is her 10th birthday.
Here's the Close to my Heart Memory Keeper box I made her for her get well wishes. Unfortunately I didn't have any purple and pink paper (her favorite colors). I hope she likes it anyway!

2 comments:

goofytortuga said...

Get better soon Syndee!!!

What a horible birthday gift!!

She does not look like a happy camper.

Kim

lovinpaper said...

You did a great job on the box. I love the colors!! Hope she feels better soon.